From: James Hiscock <boxroot@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] courier problems
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 21:15:37
1 > ive been trying to setup a mail server following the how-to at
2 > http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Linux_Virtual_Hosting_Server#Virtual_Mail_Hosting
3 > and everything seems to have been setup correctly, but i keep getting these
4 > errors and cant login
5
6 I know I had to reduce the set of authentication modules in
7 /etc/courier/authlib/authdaemonrc to get my install of courier-imap to
8 let me login properly... I changed
9
10 authmodulelist="authuserdb authpam authshadow authldap authmysql
11 authcustom authpipe"
12
13 to just
14
15 authmodulelist="authpam authshadow"
16
17 ...and that resolved my problems. I seem to recall errors about
18 invalid MySQL configuration, though, which is what twigged me to the
19 problem... maybe your issue is somewhat similar?
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list