From: David Relson <relson@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] ccache results [was; checking for.....
Date: Sat, 03 May 2008 12:41:42
1 On Fri, 2 May 2008 07:10:02 -0400
2 David Relson wrote:
3
4 ...[snip]...
5
6 > As part of identifying the capabilities and files of your operating
7 > system (distro) ./configure creates a lot of small programs and
8 > compiles them. I can see how caching compilation info would help with
9 > this.
10
11 I ran a quick test with ccache and ./configure. Using bogofilter's
12 configure script (because it was available):
13
14 before installing ccache:
15
16 3 runs of ./configure averaged 6.07s
17
18 ... installed ccache ...
19
20 next run took 6.5 sec (slower than before)
21 next 3 runs averaged 4.96s (18.4% better than before)
22
23 conclusion: ccache _does_ help ./configure
24
25 Regards,
26
27 David