From: David Relson <relson@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] checking for.....
Date: Fri, 02 May 2008 11:10:05
1 On Fri, 02 May 2008 11:25:41 +0200
2 Wolf Canis wrote:
3
4 > Brandon Mintern wrote:
5 > > ccache caches the compile step. I believe the OP was specifically
6 > > looking for something that would cache the answers to the "checking
7 > > for...." lines (the configuration step).
8 >
9 > Yes, you are right, but I thought that ccache cached parts of the
10 > configuration too.
11 > That's what I noticed in outputs during the build process. Perhaps my
12 > conclusion
13 > is wrong.
14 >
15 > W. Canis
16
17 As part of identifying the capabilities and files of your operating
18 system (distro) ./configure creates a lot of small programs and
19 compiles them. I can see how caching compilation info would help with
20 this.
21 --
22 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list