From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel randomly locking up, no error messeges, no panics nothing.
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 17:07:39
1 On Wednesday 14 February 2007, Pongrácz István wrote:
2 > I had the same experience, when I turned on the 'DMA engine' option
3 > in the kernel config (from 2.6.18.x)
4 > I disabled it and after it everything are working fine.
5
6 That's interesting. I've wondered what that option is since it came out,
7 as documentation for it is sparse. Not knowing what it is, I've always
8 left it disabled.
9
10 alan
15 Optimists say the glass is half full,
16 Pessimists say the glass is half empty,
17 Developers say wtf is the glass twice as big as it needs to be?
18
19 Alan McKinnon
20 alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za
21 +27 82, double three seven, one nine three five
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list