From: Sascha Hlusiak <saschahlusiak@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Michael Schmarck <michael.schmarck@×××××××××××××.de>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Single click is interpreted as double click
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 17:46:20
1 > > > I think you have too many mice in your running X, there is
2 > > > /dev/input/mice, which is supposed to gather all mouse data, as well as
3 > > > /dev/psaux (which is included in /dev/input/mice, as far as I know).
4 > >
5 > > You mean the Identifier "Logitech LX7" and "USB Maus", correct?
6 > > This used to work fine, but I'll give that a try and report back!
7 >
8 > I now commented the Logitech LX7 entry in the layout
9 > section of my xorg.conf and also commented out the LX7
10 > all together. Please see <http://pastebin.ca/855885>
11 > for an updated version of my xorg.conf, which I attached
12 > as well. I also attached a new Xorg.0.log.
13 Still the USB Mouse is added twice, most likely by hal/hotplugging.
14
15 hal-0.5.10 introduced support for telling xorg what to hotplug.
16 xorg-server-1.4 introduced support of hal hotplugging (triggered with the hal
17 use flag), so both together hotplug mice! See in the logfile at the end, it
18 says which devices are evaluated and added. To keep it short, just disable
19 hotplugging in xorg by adding:
20
21 Option "AutoAddDevices" "false"
22
23 to Section ServerFlags. Then good ol' xorg.conf alone is used.
26 Sascha