From: Michael Schmarck <michael.schmarck@×××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Single click is interpreted as double click
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 11:08:33
1 Hello again.
2
3 On Jan 15, 2008 11:51 AM, Michael Schmarck
4 <michael.schmarck@×××××××××××××.de> wrote:
5 > On Jan 15, 2008 10:16 AM, Sascha Hlusiak <saschahlusiak@×××××.de> wrote:
6
7 > > > Yesterday, I upgraded to xorg-server 1.4 from 1.3. I also recompiled
8 > > > all the x11-drivers packages, including xf86-input-mouse-1.2.3.
9 > > >
10 > > > Today, I started Xorg 1.4 for the 1st time. When I now single click
11 > > > something, the system seems to get a double click. Examples:
12 > > >
13 > >
14 > > > I uploaded my Xorg.conf to <http://pastebin.ca/855818>. I used the
15 > > > exact same Xorg.conf with xorg-server-1.3, and there a single click
16 > > > wasn't "misinterpreted".
17 > > >
18 > >
19 > > > I'm using a very simple Dell branded Logitech Optical USB Mouse
20 > > > via USB.
21 > > >
22 > > > What might be broken there?
23
24 [...]
25
26 > > I think you have too many mice in your running X, there is /dev/input/mice,
27 > > which is supposed to gather all mouse data, as well as /dev/psaux (which is
28 > > included in /dev/input/mice, as far as I know).
29 >
30 > You mean the Identifier "Logitech LX7" and "USB Maus", correct?
31 > This used to work fine, but I'll give that a try and report back!
32
33 I now commented the Logitech LX7 entry in the layout
34 section of my xorg.conf and also commented out the LX7
35 all together. Please see <http://pastebin.ca/855885>
36 for an updated version of my xorg.conf, which I attached
37 as well. I also attached a new Xorg.0.log.
38
39 Best regards,
40 Michael

Xorg.0.log text/x-log