From: Michael Schmarck <michael.schmarck@×××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Single click is interpreted as double click
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 10:51:44
1 Hello!
2
3 On Jan 15, 2008 10:16 AM, Sascha Hlusiak <saschahlusiak@×××××.de> wrote:
4
5 > > Yesterday, I upgraded to xorg-server 1.4 from 1.3. I also recompiled
6 > > all the x11-drivers packages, including xf86-input-mouse-1.2.3.
7 > >
8 > > Today, I started Xorg 1.4 for the 1st time. When I now single click
9 > > something, the system seems to get a double click. Examples:
12 > > I uploaded my Xorg.conf to <http://pastebin.ca/855818>. I used the
13 > > exact same Xorg.conf with xorg-server-1.3, and there a single click
14 > > wasn't "misinterpreted".
17 > > I'm using a very simple Dell branded Logitech Optical USB Mouse
18 > > via USB.
19 > >
20 > > What might be broken there?
21 > Can you paste your /var/log/Xorg.0.log, too?
22
23 Sure. It's attached to this mail.
24
25 > I think you have too many mice in your running X, there is /dev/input/mice,
26 > which is supposed to gather all mouse data, as well as /dev/psaux (which is
27 > included in /dev/input/mice, as far as I know).
28
29 You mean the Identifier "Logitech LX7" and "USB Maus", correct?
30 This used to work fine, but I'll give that a try and report back!
31
32 > Remove the psaux device and
33 > see if it still happens. The data is reported twice so I guess your mouse
34 > might also move twice as fast and generate double clicks.
35
36 It seems like, that the system thinks that the left mouse button
37 is always pressed, or something like that. For example, in
38 Knode, I cannot right click on a group and get the context menu
39 displayed. It is, as if the left button is pressed always.
40
41 > Maybe hotplugging is involved too, if you use hal-0.5.10.
42
43 I've got hal-0.5.10 installed. But that as well doesn't cause
44 any problems in Xorg 1.3.0.0. I just verified this, by downgrading
45 to 1.3.0.0 - there, everything is well!
46
47 Michael

Xorg.0.log text/x-log