From: Sascha Hlusiak <saschahlusiak@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Michael Schmarck <michael.schmarck@×××××××××××××.de>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Single click is interpreted as double click
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 09:17:30
1 > Yesterday, I upgraded to xorg-server 1.4 from 1.3. I also recompiled
2 > all the x11-drivers packages, including xf86-input-mouse-1.2.3.
3 >
4 > Today, I started Xorg 1.4 for the 1st time. When I now single click
5 > something, the system seems to get a double click. Examples:
6 >
7 > I uploaded my Xorg.conf to <http://pastebin.ca/855818>. I used the
8 > exact same Xorg.conf with xorg-server-1.3, and there a single click
9 > wasn't "misinterpreted".
10 >
11 > I'm using a very simple Dell branded Logitech Optical USB Mouse
12 > via USB.
13 >
14 > What might be broken there?
15 Can you paste your /var/log/Xorg.0.log, too?
16
17 I think you have too many mice in your running X, there is /dev/input/mice,
18 which is supposed to gather all mouse data, as well as /dev/psaux (which is
19 included in /dev/input/mice, as far as I know). Remove the psaux device and
20 see if it still happens. The data is reported twice so I guess your mouse
21 might also move twice as fast and generate double clicks.
22
23 Maybe hotplugging is involved too, if you use hal-0.5.10.
24
25 Sascha