From: Chris Stankevitz <chrisstankevitz@×××××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Mounts NFS in XFCE4
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 05:07:20
1 On Sun, Jan 19, 2014 at 11:13 AM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > Put the mount in /etc/fstab with the noauto and users or user options.
3
4 Neil,
5
6 Thank you. I did this; however, as soon as I mount, the directory
7 becomes owned by root and I cannot write to it. Please consider:
8
9 jane cstankevitz # grep nfs /etc/fstab
10 adam:/mnt/volume_a/sdn_collections
11 /home/cstankevitz/Desktop/sdn_collections nfs rw,noauto,user 0 0
12
13 Desktop $ ls -l /home/cstankevitz/Desktop/
14 drwxr-xr-x 2 cstankevitz cstankevitz 4096 Jan 19 20:43 sdn_collections
15
16 Desktop $ mount ./sdn_collections/
17 Desktop $ ls -l /home/cstankevitz/Desktop/
18 drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 2 Jan 19 20:37 sdn_collections
19
20 Please note how the ownership changes from cstankevitz to root after I
21 mount. What am I doing wrong?
22
23 Thank you,
24