From: Jochen Kirchner <jk@××××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SystemD + Gnome 3.8 I can log in as root but not as normal user
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2013 06:53:28
1 Am 01.10.2013 08:30, schrieb Carlos Sura:
2 > Hello Mates,
3 >
4 > I finally thought that I got this working, so now I am dealing this issue:
5 > I choose the latest kernel with systemd and GDM starts good, but I
6 > cannot log in to gnome as a normal user, I can only log in to gnome as
7 > root.
8 >
9 > What I have done before this started:
10 >
11 > emerge -uDvaN world
12 > emerge --depclean --ask
13 > emerge @preserved-rebuild
14 >
15 > Then it just happened.
16 >
17 > What I've tried so far:
18 > - .xinitrc with exec gnome-session for user and root
19 > - emerge -1 $( qlist -IC x11-drivers/ )
20 > - emerge @x11-module-rebuild
21 > - X -configure
24 > Another note:
25 > Starting gnome as normal user just hang, apparently it wants to start
26 > but it cannot start. Neither doing: startx.
27 >
28 > I am using for xorg:
29 > VIDEO_CARDS="intel vesa"
30 >
31 > Any help?
32 >
33 > Regards
34 >
35 > --
36 > Carlos Sura.-
37 > www.carlossura.com <http://www.carlossura.com>
38 > www.carlossura.com/blog <http://www.carlossura.com/blog>
39
40 Hi,
41
42 have you looked in your /var/log/Xorg.0.log?
43
44 And I think the GDM session log is in /home/*user*/.cache/gdm/session.log.
45
46 Regards,
47
48 Jochen
51 "There is only one god, and his name is Death.
52 And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'Not today'."
53 - Syrio Forel, Game of Thrones
54
55 http://acidc0re.info