From: Carlos Sura <carlos.sura1@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SystemD + Gnome 3.8 I can log in as root but not as normal user
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2013 07:06:35
1 Hello Jochen,
2
3 Thank you for your help.
4
5 Here is the Xorg log: http://tny.cz/69b4662a
6
7 Regarding the gdm session.log I don't have it. Here is
8 the /var/log/gdm/:0.log : http://tny.cz/35e886e2
9
10 Here is my emerge --info: http://tny.cz/10262247
15 On 1 October 2013 00:52, Jochen Kirchner <jk@××××××××.info> wrote:
16
17 > Am 01.10.2013 08:30, schrieb Carlos Sura:
18 >
19 > Hello Mates,
20 >
21 > I finally thought that I got this working, so now I am dealing this
22 > issue:
23 > I choose the latest kernel with systemd and GDM starts good, but I cannot
24 > log in to gnome as a normal user, I can only log in to gnome as root.
25 >
26 > What I have done before this started:
27 >
28 > emerge -uDvaN world
29 > emerge --depclean --ask
30 > emerge @preserved-rebuild
31 >
32 > Then it just happened.
33 >
34 > What I've tried so far:
35 > - .xinitrc with exec gnome-session for user and root
36 > - emerge -1 $( qlist -IC x11-drivers/ )
37 > - emerge @x11-module-rebuild
38 > - X -configure
41 > Another note:
42 > Starting gnome as normal user just hang, apparently it wants to start but
43 > it cannot start. Neither doing: startx.
44 >
45 > I am using for xorg:
46 > VIDEO_CARDS="intel vesa"
47 >
48 > Any help?
49 >
50 > Regards
51 >
52 > --
53 > Carlos Sura.-
54 > www.carlossura.com
55 > www.carlossura.com/blog
58 > Hi,
59 >
60 > have you looked in your /var/log/Xorg.0.log?
61 >
62 > And I think the GDM session log is in /home/*user*/.cache/gdm/session.log.
63 >
64 > Regards,
65 >
66 > Jochen
67 >
68 > --
69 > "There is only one god, and his name is Death.
70 > And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'Not today'."
71 > - Syrio Forel, Game of Thrones
72 > http://acidc0re.info
78 Carlos Sura.-
79 www.carlossura.com