From: Michael <confabulate@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] virtualbox version mismatch
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2021 11:42:28
1 On Thursday, 4 February 2021 11:37:59 GMT n952162 wrote:
2 > After updating, when I try to start my virtual machine (to update it), I
3 > get this:
4 >
5 > RTR3InitEx failed with rc=-1912 (rc=-1912) The VirtualBox kernel
6 > modules do not match this version of VirtualBox. The installation of
7 > VirtualBox was apparently not successful. Executing
8 > '/sbin/vboxconfig' may correct this. Make sure that you are not
9 > mixing builds of VirtualBox from different sources. where:
10 > supR3HardenedMainInitRuntime what: 4 VERR_VM_DRIVER_VERSION_MISMATCH
11 > (-1912) - The installed support driver doesn't match the version of
12 > the user.
13 >
14 > Has anybody run into this and found a solution? There's no
15 > /sbin/vboxconfig, btw.
16
17 Did you run on the host, after you updated your VBox:
18
19 emerge -uaDv @modules-rebuild
20
21 You may need to modprobe the relevant modules if the above won't also load
22 them - can't recall if it does.