From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: KDE and the new plasma 5 thing
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2016 08:42:10
1 On 14/04/2016 22:38, walt wrote:
2 > On Tue, 12 Apr 2016 22:50:46 +0200
3 > Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 >> On 12/04/2016 22:46, Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
6 >
7 >>>> Unfortunately I can't attach a screenshot as proof - both remove
8 >>>> their own window to do the capture :-)
9 >>>
10 >>> import -window root screenshot.png
11 >>>
12 >>
13 >> Hey that's neat! Attached...
14 >
15 > Along the left edge of the screen you have a bunch of widgets for CPU,
16 > disk, and network activity. What kde/plasma stuff are you using to do
17 > that, and does it all depend on ~arch packages? Will it still work
18 > tomorrow? :p
22 that's not plasma it's gkrell.
23
24 Been around for years and works just about everywhere
25 I find the equivalent plasmoids are huge clunky and nowhere near as useful
28 Alan McKinnon
29 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com