From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: KDE and the new plasma 5 thing
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2016 14:38:24
1 On Fri, 15 Apr 2016 10:41:54 +0200
2 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On 14/04/2016 22:38, walt wrote:
5
6 > > Along the left edge of the screen you have a bunch of widgets for
7 > > CPU, disk, and network activity. What kde/plasma stuff are you
8 > > using to do that, and does it all depend on ~arch packages? Will
9 > > it still work tomorrow? :p
10 >
11 > that's not plasma it's gkrell.
12 >
13 > Been around for years and works just about everywhere
14 > I find the equivalent plasmoids are huge clunky and nowhere near as
15 > useful
16
17 Conky also continues to work fine after the move to Plasma 5 -- I did
18 have to change own_window to 'yes' in conkyrc to get it to show up. I
19 completely agree with you about the plasmoid widgets.