From: Marcus Wanner <marcusw@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox 3.5 without changing entire system to ~arch?
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 20:32:14
1 On 11/2/2009 3:11 PM, Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 11:22 AM, Marcus Wanner <marcusw@×××.net> wrote:
3 > <SNIP>
4 >
5 >> Thank you, I added firefox and xulrunner to package.keywords and that did
6 >> the trick.
7 >>
8 >> Marcus
13 > You might want to periodically run eix-test-obsolete -d to see if the
14 > two packages get marked stable before some other new ~arch version
15 > comes out. If that happens, and it often does in my experience, then
16 > you can remove the two packages from portage.keywords and you're back
17 > to running stable.
18 >
19 > In general I tend to have 4 or 5 packages in package.keywords at any
20 > given time. I don't have too much trouble. Watch out if the list
21 > starts getting large though as things get messy and you'll find
22 > yourself doing more updates than maybe you want to be doing.
23 >
24 > good luck,
25 > Mark
26 >
27 Thanks for the tip and the help, I'll make sure to keep that list short.
28 The only program I have this kind problem with is firefox, though, with
29 everything else I can get by with an older version. It's really becuase
30 Mozilla doesn't really support the older versions. Oh well, it will be
31 fixed eventually.
32
33 Marcus