From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox 3.5 without changing entire system to ~arch?
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 20:11:40
1 On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 11:22 AM, Marcus Wanner <marcusw@×××.net> wrote:
2 <SNIP>
3 >
4 > Thank you, I added firefox and xulrunner to package.keywords and that did
5 > the trick.
6 >
7 > Marcus
11 You might want to periodically run eix-test-obsolete -d to see if the
12 two packages get marked stable before some other new ~arch version
13 comes out. If that happens, and it often does in my experience, then
14 you can remove the two packages from portage.keywords and you're back
15 to running stable.
16
17 In general I tend to have 4 or 5 packages in package.keywords at any
18 given time. I don't have too much trouble. Watch out if the list
19 starts getting large though as things get messy and you'll find
20 yourself doing more updates than maybe you want to be doing.
21
22 good luck,
23 Mark