From: Jonathan Callen <jcallen@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o, Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Can't fetch distfiles in chroot
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2018 06:20:44
1 On 04/22/2018 01:13 AM, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > I've been NFS-exporting the portage treee from a 32-bit atom box to a chroot
3 > on my workstation, and it's worked well for years, if slowly.
4 >
5 > Now when I try to do the same with a 64-bit celeron machine I'm having a
6 > problem getting portage to work. If the required distfile is already present,
7 > no problem, but otherwise, trying to fetch it just hangs. No errors, no
8 > status, no fetch log, no progress.
9 >
10 > Www-client/links works in the chroot as expected, so the network is set up all
11 > right; portage just can't use it.
12 >
13 > I've compared /etc/exports on the two clients; also the chroot setup scripts,
14 > /usr/portage permissions, the USE flags of nfs-utils and everything else I can
15 > think of. All identical apart from obvious things like 32/64 bits and network
16 > names and IPs. Google hasn't helped either.
17 >
18 > Any ideas, anyone?
21 Generally, this would indicate a problem resolving DNS. This is
22 normally caused by not having a correct /etc/resolv.conf inside the
23 chroot (it generally will need to be the same as the file outside the
24 chroot).
25
26 Jonathan Callen