From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] A little help for non-native English speakers
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2018 07:47:58
1 On Fri, Feb 02, 2018 at 09:34:06AM +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > > PS.: As a non-native, I always found e.g. and i.e. easy to keep apart
4 > > because when you say "e.g." as a word without the dots, it becomes "eg",
5 > > which, phonetically, is the start of the word "example".
8 > As a native English speaker I can never remember the precedence rules
9 > about its and it's...
10
11 That is quite easy: the ’ *always* means something has been left out. "It’s"
12 it its unrolled form means It is. Once you start reading it aloud as such,
13 you will quickly get the hang of it. Try it, it is such fun.
14
15 > I vote we dump English in it's entirety and all switch to Python
16
17 How do you pronounce indentation?
20 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
21 Please do not share anything from, with or about me on any social network.
22
23 LOL, you said ROFL.