From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] screen locker
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 20:20:47
1 >> [snip]
2 >> > I've been using xautolock for years and years. What's good about it is you
3 >> > can have any 'locker' you want. For now, I'm using feh in slideshow mode.
4 >> > For another, you can specify another program as a 'killer' such as a suspend
5 >> > or hibernate script. However, for a traditional ss, I have been using xlock
6 >> > forever - many more modes than xscreensaver, and just a simple binary to
7 >> > worry about.
8 >> >
9 >> > Terry
10 >>
11 >> I think I'm going with xautolock and either vlock or xlockmore.  It
12 >> looks like there isn't an init.d script for xautolock.  What is the
13 >> best way to run it automatically in Gentoo?
14 >
15 > I start xautolock from my .xinitrc.
16 >
17 >> Is there a keyboard shortcut to trigger xautolock?
18 >
19 > No, you will need to configure your environment. I configured a shortcut for my
20 > window manager that executes "xautolock -locknow", but you could also probably
21 > use something like xbindkeys instead.
22
23 Thanks Marc.
24
25 - Grant