From: Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de>
To: Gentoo-User ML <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] screen locker
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 19:55:58
1 Am Thu, 23 Feb 2012 10:10:45 -0800
2 schrieb Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>:
3
4 > [snip]
5 > > I've been using xautolock for years and years. What's good about it is you
6 > > can have any 'locker' you want. For now, I'm using feh in slideshow mode.
7 > > For another, you can specify another program as a 'killer' such as a suspend
8 > > or hibernate script. However, for a traditional ss, I have been using xlock
9 > > forever - many more modes than xscreensaver, and just a simple binary to
10 > > worry about.
11 > >
12 > > Terry
13 >
14 > I think I'm going with xautolock and either vlock or xlockmore. It
15 > looks like there isn't an init.d script for xautolock. What is the
16 > best way to run it automatically in Gentoo?
17
18 I start xautolock from my .xinitrc.
19
20 > Is there a keyboard shortcut to trigger xautolock?
21
22 No, you will need to configure your environment. I configured a shortcut for my
23 window manager that executes "xautolock -locknow", but you could also probably
24 use something like xbindkeys instead.
25
26 HTH
27 --
28 Marc Joliet
29 --
30 "People who think they know everything really annoy those of us who know we
31 don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup