From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] screen locker
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 18:12:07
1 [snip]
2 > I've been using xautolock for years and years. What's good about it is you
3 > can have any 'locker' you want. For now, I'm using feh in slideshow mode.
4 > For another, you can specify another program as a 'killer' such as a suspend
5 > or hibernate script. However, for a traditional ss, I have been using xlock
6 > forever - many more modes than xscreensaver, and just a simple binary to
7 > worry about.
8 >
9 > Terry
10
11 I think I'm going with xautolock and either vlock or xlockmore. It
12 looks like there isn't an init.d script for xautolock. What is the
13 best way to run it automatically in Gentoo?
14
15 Is there a keyboard shortcut to trigger xautolock?
16
17 - Grant