From: ny6p01@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] screen locker
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 22:21:59
1 On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 10:10:45AM -0800, Grant wrote:
2 > [snip]
3 > > I've been using xautolock for years and years. What's good about it is you
4 > > can have any 'locker' you want. For now, I'm using feh in slideshow mode.
5 > > For another, you can specify another program as a 'killer' such as a suspend
6 > > or hibernate script. However, for a traditional ss, I have been using xlock
7 > > forever - many more modes than xscreensaver, and just a simple binary to
8 > > worry about.
9 > >
10 > > Terry
11 >
12 > I think I'm going with xautolock and either vlock or xlockmore. It
13 > looks like there isn't an init.d script for xautolock. What is the
14 > best way to run it automatically in Gentoo?
15 >
16 > Is there a keyboard shortcut to trigger xautolock?
17 >
18 > - Grant
21 Grant, I run it among the startup scripts of my window manager. You could
22 also put it ~/.xinitrc, but I don't think you can start it before your X
23 server is up and running. If your wm has a keyboard shortcut config, it
24 would be simple to bind it to a key, as well. HTH.
25
26 Terry