From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] screen locker
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2012 18:09:24
1 >> [snip]
2 >> > I've been using xautolock for years and years. What's good about it is you
3 >> > can have any 'locker' you want. For now, I'm using feh in slideshow mode.
4 >> > For another, you can specify another program as a 'killer' such as a suspend
5 >> > or hibernate script. However, for a traditional ss, I have been using xlock
6 >> > forever - many more modes than xscreensaver, and just a simple binary to
7 >> > worry about.
8 >> >
9 >> > Terry
10 >>
11 >> I think I'm going with xautolock and either vlock or xlockmore.  It
12 >> looks like there isn't an init.d script for xautolock.  What is the
13 >> best way to run it automatically in Gentoo?
14 >>
15 >> Is there a keyboard shortcut to trigger xautolock?
16 >>
17 >> - Grant
20 > Grant, I run it among the startup scripts of my window manager. You could
21 > also put it ~/.xinitrc, but I don't think you can start it before your X
22 > server is up and running.  If your wm has a keyboard shortcut config, it
23 > would be simple to bind it to a key, as well.  HTH.
24 >
25 > Terry
26
27 Thanks, I finally rebooted my laptop and putting xautolock in the
28 XFCE4 session settings works great.
29
30 - Grant