From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] question about files as disks
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 18:41:22
1 Eric S. Johansson wrote:
2
3 > I'm helping some people using gentoo and one of the tasks is the
4 > production of flash memory updates for the firewall. The script for
5 > producing flash images contains calculations determining sector
6 > offsets so that the disk image can be treated as a partitioned disk.
7 >
8 > Is there anyway to treat a file as if it were a physical disk from the
9 > partitioning through mounting of each individual partition and its
10 > unmounting? I can keep doing it the clumsy error-prone way if I need
11 > to him but I was just trying to find out if there was an option that
12 > reduced the opportunity for mistakes.
15 Maybe user-mode linux or vmware could be useful for this...
16
17 -Richard
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list