From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: controlling xscreensaver throttle
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 06:23:16
1 In <news:1180742744.15806.3.camel@orpheus>,
2 Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au> wrote:
3
4 > On Fri, 2007-05-25 at 20:09 -0500, »Q« wrote:
5 > > I'm using a laptop, and I'd like xscreensaver to just display a
6 > > blank screen when running on battery power. The command
7 > >
8 > > $ xscreensaver-command --throttle
9 >
10 > [snip]
11 >
12 > > But when xscreensaver kicks in because of idle time, it's
13 > > unthrottled no matter the power source, and I can't find a way to
14 > > control that. If I could control this, I'd be happy. The stuff
15 > > below about suspending is less important to me.
16 >
17 > how about running a daemon to watch the output of
18 > `xscreensaver-command -watch`
19 > instead of using your script. That way, regardless of what kicks off
20 > the screensaver (you or the timeout) you can then do some action to
21 > it.
22
23 [snip my stuff about resuming from suspend2]
24
25 > I think the above solution could work here too.
26
27 Yes, thanks. That looks like a good idea, and I'll try it when I get
28 some time to tinker.
31 »Q«
34 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list