From: tuxic@××××××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT]: "New to aliexpress" pop up - how to block it?
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2017 08:00:14
1 On 07/16 08:51, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Sunday 16 Jul 2017 08:47:20 tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
3 > > Hi,
4 > >
5 > > that drives my insane:
6 > > While searching items for my DIY Nixie clock on aliexpress I get
7 > > one certain popup with each new access to aliexpress asking
8 > > me, whether I am new to aliexpress and offers me a coupon.
9 > >
10 > > I have no othe chance than clicking on this [beep] pop up
11 > > to be able to see the page contents.
12 > >
13 > > I searched the web for according informations how to block
14 > > this [beep] popup, but I only get informations how to
15 > > remove a certain kind of adware virus from Mac and Windows.
16 > >
17 > > Since this virus pops up an advertisement of constantly changing
18 > > goods and is page filling I am sure I am not suffering from this.
19 > >
20 > > If anyone out there has solved this problem without disabling
21 > > the possibility to /buy/ something on aliexpress PLEASE HELP
22 > > ME. I AM NEAR INSANITY! ;) :)
23 > >
24 > > Thanks a lot in advance for any life saver!
25 >
26 > Have you tried Ghostery?
27 >
28 > http://www.ghostery.com
29 >
30 > --
31 > Regards
32 > Peter
35 Hi Peter,
36
37 no, due to this reason:
38
39 "Ghostery is owned by Evidon, a company that collects and provides data to advertising companies."
40 Source here:
41 https://lifehacker.com/ad-blocking-extension-ghostery-actually-sells-data-to-a-514417864
42
43 Cheers