From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT]: "New to aliexpress" pop up - how to block it?
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2017 07:51:22
1 On Sunday 16 Jul 2017 08:47:20 tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > that drives my insane:
5 > While searching items for my DIY Nixie clock on aliexpress I get
6 > one certain popup with each new access to aliexpress asking
7 > me, whether I am new to aliexpress and offers me a coupon.
8 >
9 > I have no othe chance than clicking on this [beep] pop up
10 > to be able to see the page contents.
11 >
12 > I searched the web for according informations how to block
13 > this [beep] popup, but I only get informations how to
14 > remove a certain kind of adware virus from Mac and Windows.
15 >
16 > Since this virus pops up an advertisement of constantly changing
17 > goods and is page filling I am sure I am not suffering from this.
18 >
19 > If anyone out there has solved this problem without disabling
20 > the possibility to /buy/ something on aliexpress PLEASE HELP
21 > ME. I AM NEAR INSANITY! ;) :)
22 >
23 > Thanks a lot in advance for any life saver!
24
25 Have you tried Ghostery?
26
27 http://www.ghostery.com