From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] A bit O/T: Running android apps in QEMU
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2019 15:53:34
1 On Monday, 19 August 2019 20:31:00 BST Petric Frank wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > not exactly. But in Android Studio (which uses Android SDK) is bundled an
5 > emulator using qemu. Android Studio allows you to download an Android image
6 > (Android 2.0 up to Android 9) compiled for x86 and run it.
7 > This is mainly used for testing apps developed under Android Studio.
8 > Maybe this could also be used standalone.
9 >
10 > regards
11 > Petric
12
13 Thank you Petric, I've used Android SDK in the past and it was so slow I soon
14 gave up on it. On my current laptop I have not installed Java and will
15 probably keep it Java free, but if I were to install it I will give Android
16 SDK another go to see if it runs any faster on this PC.
17 --
18 Regards,
19
20 Mick