From: "Norman Rieß" <norman@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Disable Screen Blanking
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2013 15:13:04
1 Am 08.07.2013 14:43, schrieb Randolph Maaßen:
2 > 2013/7/8 Norman Rieß <norman@×××××××××.org <mailto:norman@×××××××××.org>>
3 >
4 > Hi,
5 >
6 > i am trying to disable Screen Blanking but have been unsuccessful so
7 > far.
8 >
9 > I used various methods:
10 >
11 > * installed gnome-power-manager and disabled screen power saving
12 > * setterm -blank 0
13 > * echoing "setterm -blank 0" to the dev/ttyXs
14 > * xset s off
15 > * Kernel parameter in Grub consoleblank=0
16 >
17 > A kernelsetting for this seem to have existed in older kernels, but
18 > seems to have vanished in recent ones.
19 >
20 > All methods have failed.
21 >
22 > Does anyone know of a way to just keep the screen on?
23 >
24 > Thanks,
25 > Norman
28 > I have in my openbox autostart.sh "xset -dpms s off". this disables the
29 > sceensaver (as you tried), but also turns Energy Star (DPMS) features off.
30 > So no power management turns off the screen.
31 >
32 > --
33 > Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
34 >
35 > Randolph Maaßen
38 Thank you! It works.
39