From: "Randolph Maaßen" <r.maassen60@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Disable Screen Blanking
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2013 12:43:36
1 2013/7/8 Norman Rieß <norman@×××××××××.org>
2
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > i am trying to disable Screen Blanking but have been unsuccessful so far.
6 >
7 > I used various methods:
8 >
9 > * installed gnome-power-manager and disabled screen power saving
10 > * setterm -blank 0
11 > * echoing "setterm -blank 0" to the dev/ttyXs
12 > * xset s off
13 > * Kernel parameter in Grub consoleblank=0
14 >
15 > A kernelsetting for this seem to have existed in older kernels, but
16 > seems to have vanished in recent ones.
17 >
18 > All methods have failed.
19 >
20 > Does anyone know of a way to just keep the screen on?
21 >
22 > Thanks,
23 > Norman
26 I have in my openbox autostart.sh "xset -dpms s off". this disables the
27 sceensaver (as you tried), but also turns Energy Star (DPMS) features off.
28 So no power management turns off the screen.
31 Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
32
33 Randolph Maaßen