From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to avoid NetworkManager logs <info> in terminals
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 23:01:49
1 On Tue, 2008-02-19 at 12:03 -0300, Ale wrote:
2 > 2008/2/18, Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>:
3
4 > > Sounds like NetworkManager is using syslog() to write to the log file,
5 > > and you have syslog set up to notify you. This usually happens by
6 > > printing messages to console 1! NetworkManager seems to translate glib
7 > > errors directly to syslog errors. Have a look at nm-logging.c if you
8 > > want to see more about that.
9 > >
10 > > Anyway, depending on the logger you use (I use syslog-ng) you can set it
11 > > up not to be so verbose. syslog-ng allows you to filter based on
12 > > program name for example. man syslog-ng.conf for more info (or whatever
13 > > logger you use :)
14 > >
15 > > Have a look at http://www.campin.net/syslog-ng.conf for some examples.
16 > >
17 > > HTH,
18 > >
19 > You rock! that was the key of my problem, i just added syslog-ng to the
20 > default run level and i don't get more that odd behavior of NetworkManager.
21 > Now is time to configure syslog-ng properly.
22 >
23 > Many thanks! :D
24
25 no probs. It took a while but we got there!
26
27 cya,
31 * m2 stares at the monitor... it looks like a hamburger...
32 <Knghtbrd> m2 - that's a bad sign
35 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list