From: Jorge Almeida <jalmeida@××××××××××××.pt>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Collecting USE variables
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 15:36:49
1 I would like to know how the current USE variables are set.
2 I know that "emerge --info" displays a list of all of them, but it doesn't
3 discriminate where they come from. I couldn't find clear documentation
4 about it, but of course I may have missed something.
5 In the same line, I find /etc/make.profile/make.defaults _very strange_.
6 "perl"? Sure. "fortran"? Well, who knows... But "emboss"?!
7 (In case it doesn't ring a bell immediately: emboss - Adds support for
8 the European Molecular Biology Open Software Suite)
9 Could this be a joke?
10 I'm writing "-*" at the beginning of the USE declaration in
11 /etc/make.conf, but I can't avoid the feeling that this may be a Bad
12 Thing.
15 Jorge Almeida
16 --
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list