From: Mike Mazur <mmazur@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] WiFi access point with iwl3945
Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2009 13:59:27
1 Hi,
2
3 On Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 18:08, Florian Philipp
4 <lists@f_philipp.fastmail.net> wrote:
5 > Mike Mazur schrieb:
6 >> I'm trying to set up my laptop to be a wireless access point. It has
7 >> an iwl3945 card. I followed the "Atheros Ath5k Wireless Access Point"
8 >> article on gentoo-wiki.com[1] before realizing that it was Atheros
9 >> specific.
10 >>
11 >> [...]
12 >>
13 >> Does anyone know whether it's possible to use hostapd with iwlwifi
14 >> drivers? Is there an alternative access point software I can use?
15 >
16 > Sorry, your hardware doesn't support working as an access point.
17
18 Thanks for clarifying. No wonder I couldn't find any tutorials
19 specific to the iwlwifi driver.
20
21 Mike