From: Florian Philipp <lists@××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] WiFi access point with iwl3945
Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2009 10:09:09
1 Mike Mazur schrieb:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I'm trying to set up my laptop to be a wireless access point. It has
5 > an iwl3945 card. I followed the "Atheros Ath5k Wireless Access Point"
6 > article on gentoo-wiki.com[1] before realizing that it was Atheros
7 > specific.
8 >
9 > Part of the setup uses hostapd[2]. Looking at this, it's not
10 > immediately clear that iwlwifi is supported.
11 >
12 > Does anyone know whether it's possible to use hostapd with iwlwifi
13 > drivers? Is there an alternative access point software I can use?
14 >
15 > Thanks,
16 > Mike
19 > [1] http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Atheros_Ath5k_Wireless_Access_Point
20 > [2] http://hostap.epitest.fi/hostapd/
23 Sorry, your hardware doesn't support working as an access point.
24
25 Except of buying new hardware, I think your only chance is to run in
26 ad-hoc mode.