From: "Jc García" <jyo.garcia@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problems getting systemd to work
Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 13:15:00
1 2014-05-15 0:47 GMT-06:00 Canek Peláez Valdés <caneko@×××××.com>:
2
3 > I'm an idiot; I didn't saw the documentation about hostonly_cmdline;
4 > BTW Jc, you used host_cmdline, I think the former is the correct one.
7 I don't know right now how host_cmdline got in my config(that was a
8 crazy day between dracut, systemd, and lvm documentations), who knows
9 where I saw it or if I mistyped it, anyway thanks for the correction.
10
11 > So, to resume: there is no bug, is just that before hostonly_cmdline
12 > was yes by default, and now is no by default. This change was
13 > documented, but I failed to notice it (and I think the ebuild in
14 > Gentoo should print an einfo message).
15 >
16 I agree, that notification in the ebulid would have saved trouble, and
17 I think it should be included since for sure many will run into these
18 problems in future.
19 So, would this qualify for a gentoo bug, and make the developer
20 include that notification?
21
22 Again, thanks for clarifying more the working of dracut.
23
24 > Anyway, I think that explains all my problems; John, I don't know if
25 > it will solve yours. Again: did you used "dracut --print-cmdline" to
26 > get the command line? Also, have you tried to use -H to generate your
27 > initramfs? And finally, have you tried with --hostonly-cmdline?
28 >
29 > Regards.
30 > --
31 > Canek Peláez Valdés
32 > Profesor de asignatura, Facultad de Ciencias
33 > Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
34 >