From: App Deb <appdebgr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: State of Radeon drivers
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 22:03:56
1 Nvidia's binary can't be compared to ATI's one. The problems you describe
2 are ATI-binary specific.
3
4 And yes the nvidia binary replaces a lot of Xorg stuff, but after some time
5 you will realise that this is a good thing, as the Xorg is a mess, breaks
6 with updates, and introduces bugs with each release. And because developers
7 know that, they always prepare their software for nvidia, as it is the only
8 *serious* graphics solution for *nix right now.
9
10 Don't get me wrong, I don't even have an nvidia card in my systems right now
11 (cause ATI are superior in windows, all my systems have ATI), but I miss the
12 times that I had one. So much more stuff worked without problems and with
13 better performance.
14