From: Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] verifying GCC version program was compiled with
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2009 21:41:30
1 Joseph schrieb am 04.04.2009 22:48:
2 > Is there a way to verify GCC version program was compiled with?
3 > I just want to check if all the programs were compiled with latest GCC
4 > version as I'm getting an errors at time to time.
5
6 I don't think it is possible to get the compiler or it's version used
7 for a specific program. If you are upgrading the compiler it is
8 advisable to recompile the complete system so all programs are compiled
9 with the same compiler version. Take a look at the gcc upgrading guide
10 [1] for the necessary steps you need to follow.
11
12 [1] http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gcc-upgrading.xml
15 Daniel Pielmeier