From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Virtualbox-ing existing WinXP
Date: Sat, 03 May 2008 15:15:51
1 On Sat, 3 May 2008 12:48:30 +0100, Mick wrote:
2
3 > I have a box which has WinXP dual-booting with Gentoo. I would like to
4 > be able to have access to a clone of the existing WinXP installation,
5 > from within Gentoo. The original WinXP partition should be left well
6 > alone, as it is business critical.
7
8 If you copy it to a VM, you are running it on different hardware. The MS
9 profit-protection system will kick in, requiring you to reactivate it for
10 the VM "hardware".
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 Stop metricationists! They are demanding their 454 grammes of flesh,
17 and if we give them 2.54 centimetres they'll take 1.609 kilometres!