From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Hard drive error from SMART
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 01:06:02
1 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > On Sat, Apr 16, 2022 at 3:53 PM Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > <SNIP>
4 > Maybe this is a good excuse
5 >> to start working on a NAS. :/
6 > That's my vote. (For the second time)
7 >
8 > I'm using a FreeBSD Nas (TrueNAS) but they recently came out with a
9 > Linux version which you might be more comfortable with. If you use a
10 > 1Gb/S or higher network connection it's quite fast.
11 >
12 > You can also go the Synology route via Amazon. You can get a 2-disk
13 > NAS chassis which does RAID for around $250 last time I looked.
14 >
15 > Good luck whatever you do.
16 >
17 > Mark
18
19 Other than being another piece of equipment running up a light bill, it
20 is the best way to deal with this.  The way I'm doing now is a bit of a
21 struggle at times.  I just need to get other things done first, from a
22 money perspective which inflation isn't helping on.  A trip to the
23 grocery story is no fun anymore.
24
25 One of these days tho.  I just gotta do it.
26
27 Dale
28