From: Ow Mun Heng <Ow.Mun.Heng@×××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Heads-Up sys-lib/com_err breaks Apps
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 07:58:13
1 On Fri, 2005-07-08 at 15:38 +0800, W.Kenworthy wrote:
2 > This is one reason you should not do auto-updates via cron. It adds to
3 > the fun in tracking down such problems.
4
5 It wasn't cron. I did the emerge prior to heading off to bed.
6
7 Perhaps a good thing would be when the emerge -uDpv world output can be
8 formatted to include einfo messages, or rather include "ecriticalinfo"
9 outputs. (Just like IIRC updating portage will make that happen.)
10
11 Now, that would be a feature worth having.
14 > I also wish that emerges would stop whenever a message like this is
15 > printed to the screen, but people have been cursing/moaning and getting
16 > caught with dead systems by this bug for literally years - check out the
17 > bugs for 2002 (einfo has some of them) for instance. Some are marked
18 > resolved, but its still broken - unless they never told anyone how to
19 > enable the fix.
20
21 Yeah.. I know.. I wonder if any of the devs here has anything to say on
22 why the issue still stands?
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list