From: "W.Kenworthy" <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Heads-Up sys-lib/com_err breaks Apps
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 07:44:20
1 This is one reason you should not do auto-updates via cron. It adds to
2 the fun in tracking down such problems.
3
4 I also wish that emerges would stop whenever a message like this is
5 printed to the screen, but people have been cursing/moaning and getting
6 caught with dead systems by this bug for literally years - check out the
7 bugs for 2002 (einfo has some of them) for instance. Some are marked
8 resolved, but its still broken - unless they never told anyone how to
9 enable the fix.
10
11 BillK