From: Arend von der Lieth <lieth@×××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CUPS finds printer disconnected.
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 20:37:40
1 Hi Carl,
2
3 I do not know if that helps, but I had a similar problem with my parallel
4 printer recently (after upgrading to udev-103). I could solve the problem by
5 directly integrating the (important) corresponding parts of the kernel
6 (according to: http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/printing-howto.xml) instead of
7 compiling them as modules (<*> instead of <M>).
8
9 HTH. Kindest regards,
10 Arend
11
12 Carl Adams wrote:
13
14 > I'm setting up my first Gentoo installation, and have an HP PSC1610
15 > inkjet connected via USB. Everything seems to be right:
16 >
17 > - lsusb lists it as Bus 0004 Device 0003: ID 03f0:4811 Hewlett-Packard
18 > - the CUPS admin page on port 631 installed and lists it .
19 >
20 > But: the CUPS page also shows:
23 > Location: Workstation
24 > Printer State: processing, accepting jobs.
25 > "Printer not connected; will retry in 30 seconds..."
26 > Device URI: usb:/dev/usb/lp0
27 >
28 > Any jobs sent to the printer just sit in the queue.
29 >
30 > The printer works fine in Fedora4/CUPS
31 >
32 > Can anyone assist?
33 >
34 > with thanks