From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CUPS finds printer disconnected.
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 04:50:08
1 Arend von der Lieth wrote:
2 > Hi Carl,
3 >
4 > I do not know if that helps, but I had a similar problem with my parallel
5 > printer recently (after upgrading to udev-103). I could solve the problem by
6 > directly integrating the (important) corresponding parts of the kernel
7 > (according to: http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/printing-howto.xml) instead of
8 > compiling them as modules (<*> instead of <M>).
9 >
10 > HTH. Kindest regards,
11 > Arend
12 >
13 > Carl Adams wrote:
14
15 Hmmm, makes me wonder. I have everything compiled into my kernel to and
16 I have not ran into this issue before. Most everything I have ever ran
17 into was fixed by deleting the printer then adding it back again. I use
18 Konqueror to do this so maybe that makes some difference.
19
20 Strange problem though.
21
22 Dale