From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: unabridged english dictionary?
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2015 18:00:37
1 Raffaele BELARDI <raffaele.belardi <at> st.com> writes:
4 > > Also, while we are at it, my seamonkey marks words as mispelled,
5 > > but there is not a "spellchecker" function to fix the mistakes,
6 > > so what am I missing in seamonkey
7
8 > To get spell checking working for my native language I had to install
9 > the dictionary from seamonkey (Edit-Preferences-Appearence-Spelling,
10 > then from the Language field choose 'Download more dictionaries...'). I
11 > also have an English US/UK dictionary which I don't remember installing
12 > so I suppose it's part of the default SM (non-bin) package. In composer
13 > I switch between languages with CTRL-SHIFT-P. I also run LXDE.
14
15 Yes Yes, I have all of this but nothing "pops up" like all other apps
16 to facilite word replacement. The mistakes are marked in red, but no
17 too_function to replace. I have to manually find the correct spelling
18 and type it in. Did I miss a flag or config file?
21 > I have the default Gentoo spell checkers installed for OpenOffice, I
22 > don't know if that matters for SM (hunspell, myspell-en, myspell-it).
23 Every other app works just fine with spell checking, including firefox,
24 but seamonkey only marks the errors; no visable selection-replacement mechanism.
28 > raffaele
29 > # eix -I seamonkey
30 <snip>
31
32 All of your settings (flags) and packages install are the same, except
33 Italian.
34
35 I have
36 aspell-ed, myspell-en, aspell hunspell and gtkspell too.
37
38 It's just the replacement function in seamonkey. Are you sure I do
39 not have to install some "add_on" to get that working? I've looke and
40 looked and do not know what I'm missing...........
43 James