From: Raffaele BELARDI <raffaele.belardi@××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: unabridged english dictionary?
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2015 18:12:15
1 James wrote:
2 > Raffaele BELARDI <raffaele.belardi <at> st.com> writes:
5 >>> Also, while we are at it, my seamonkey marks words as mispelled,
6 >>> but there is not a "spellchecker" function to fix the mistakes,
7 >>> so what am I missing in seamonkey
8 >
9 >> To get spell checking working for my native language I had to install
10 >> the dictionary from seamonkey (Edit-Preferences-Appearence-Spelling,
11 >> then from the Language field choose 'Download more dictionaries...'). I
12 >> also have an English US/UK dictionary which I don't remember installing
13 >> so I suppose it's part of the default SM (non-bin) package. In composer
14 >> I switch between languages with CTRL-SHIFT-P. I also run LXDE.
15 >
16 > Yes Yes, I have all of this but nothing "pops up" like all other apps
17 > to facilite word replacement. The mistakes are marked in red, but no
18 > too_function to replace. I have to manually find the correct spelling
19 > and type it in. Did I miss a flag or config file?
22 Nothing pops up here either, I have to right-click on the misspelled
23 word and then I get a context menu with list of alternative spellings.
24 That's how I always used the spell checker, it there's a more convenient
25 way I'd be glad to know also.
26
27 raffaele