From: Eddie Mihalow Jr <eamjr56@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Daniel Robbins' come back ?
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 11:16:22
1 Naga Toro wrote:
2 > On Sunday 13 January 2008 17.31.20 Eddie Mihalow Jr wrote:
3 >> Naga Toro wrote:
4 >>> On Sunday 13 January 2008 15.33.28 Eddie Mihalow Jr wrote:
5 >>>> Naga Toro wrote:
6 >>>>> On Sunday 13 January 2008 15.07.57 Eddie Mihalow Jr wrote:
7 >>>>>> I guess you don't get the point of being also in a flame war with a
8 >>>>>> ex-dev who although very bright lacks in all the social skills. I read
9 >>>>>> the thread of these two going at it and hell, I wanted to leave. Who
10 >>>>>> needs the grief of listening to that crap from some a**hole who LEFT
11 >>>>>> the project. Give me a break.
12 >>>>> That would be two a**holes in that discussion. If you read it you would
13 >>>>> know that may devs tried to correct drobbins but that he couldn't
14 >>>>> accept the fact that he wasn't the chief anymore and that things have
15 >>>>> changed since he left.
16 >>>>>
17 >>>>> I'm not sure that the best guy to run Gentoo is a guy who wants to be
18 >>>>> THE chief and not one of the community.
19 >>>> First D Robbins created Gentoo.
20 >>> Yeah so? He created Gentoo and then moved on. Thus leaving in the same
21 >>> sense or more since he didn't keep contributing, as the other dev did.
22 >>>
23 >>>> Second what part of ex-dev don't you understand.
24 >>> Point being?
25 >>>
26 >>>> If you are an ex-dev you shouldn't even be in the discussion period.
27 >>> As both of them where.
28 >> Evidently you are new to Gentoo. D Robbins was broke after starting
29 >> Gentoo and working on it day and night
30 >> and trying to support a family he needed money. You can't live on
31 >> nothing. Get it now?
32 >> He was the dev that created Gentoo not just another dev.
33 >
34 > Back then yes. (and no I'm not new to Gentoo, been using it for years and been
35 > an official part of since about 3/4 of a year)
36 >
37 >> Ciaran is a smart dev, but he was only a dev. He quit of his own
38 >> volition due to the disagreement with other
39 >> devs as to the direction of Portage. Fine, but don't come back on
40 >> gentoo-dev and start a bunch of sh**. If you don't like the way things
41 >> are done start your own distro! Don't come back and crap all over
42 >> everyone's hard work.
43 >
44 > About Ciarans people skills I agree they are none to slim, but the points he
45 > makes are valid and since this is an open project he has every right to voice
46 > his opinion.
47 >
48 I agree 100% with what you said. I hope that something good will come
49 out of this.
50 I also have been using Gentoo for a long time and would hate to see this
51 just
52 disintegrate to nothing. Gentoo is the best and flexible distro out there.
55 Edward A Mihalow Jr
56 Mudbug Computers and Networks
57 Gentoo! Linux
58 Registered Linux User#225662