From: Naga Toro <nagatoro@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Daniel Robbins' come back ?
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 17:38:26
1 On Sunday 13 January 2008 17.31.20 Eddie Mihalow Jr wrote:
2 > Naga Toro wrote:
3 > > On Sunday 13 January 2008 15.33.28 Eddie Mihalow Jr wrote:
4 > >> Naga Toro wrote:
5 > >>> On Sunday 13 January 2008 15.07.57 Eddie Mihalow Jr wrote:
6 > >>>> I guess you don't get the point of being also in a flame war with a
7 > >>>> ex-dev who although very bright lacks in all the social skills. I read
8 > >>>> the thread of these two going at it and hell, I wanted to leave. Who
9 > >>>> needs the grief of listening to that crap from some a**hole who LEFT
10 > >>>> the project. Give me a break.
11 > >>>
12 > >>> That would be two a**holes in that discussion. If you read it you would
13 > >>> know that may devs tried to correct drobbins but that he couldn't
14 > >>> accept the fact that he wasn't the chief anymore and that things have
15 > >>> changed since he left.
16 > >>>
17 > >>> I'm not sure that the best guy to run Gentoo is a guy who wants to be
18 > >>> THE chief and not one of the community.
19 > >>
20 > >> First D Robbins created Gentoo.
21 > >
22 > > Yeah so? He created Gentoo and then moved on. Thus leaving in the same
23 > > sense or more since he didn't keep contributing, as the other dev did.
24 > >
25 > >> Second what part of ex-dev don't you understand.
26 > >
27 > > Point being?
28 > >
29 > >> If you are an ex-dev you shouldn't even be in the discussion period.
30 > >
31 > > As both of them where.
32 >
33 > Evidently you are new to Gentoo. D Robbins was broke after starting
34 > Gentoo and working on it day and night
35 > and trying to support a family he needed money. You can't live on
36 > nothing. Get it now?
37 > He was the dev that created Gentoo not just another dev.
38
39 Back then yes. (and no I'm not new to Gentoo, been using it for years and been
40 an official part of since about 3/4 of a year)
43 > Ciaran is a smart dev, but he was only a dev. He quit of his own
44 > volition due to the disagreement with other
45 > devs as to the direction of Portage. Fine, but don't come back on
46 > gentoo-dev and start a bunch of sh**. If you don't like the way things
47 > are done start your own distro! Don't come back and crap all over
48 > everyone's hard work.
49
50 About Ciarans people skills I agree they are none to slim, but the points he
51 makes are valid and since this is an open project he has every right to voice
52 his opinion.
55 Naga
56 --
57 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list