From: Eddie Mihalow Jr <eamjr56@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Daniel Robbins' come back ?
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 16:28:21
1 Naga Toro wrote:
2 > On Sunday 13 January 2008 15.33.28 Eddie Mihalow Jr wrote:
3 >> Naga Toro wrote:
4 >>> On Sunday 13 January 2008 15.07.57 Eddie Mihalow Jr wrote:
5 >>>> I guess you don't get the point of being also in a flame war with a
6 >>>> ex-dev who although very bright lacks in all the social skills. I read
7 >>>> the thread of these two going at it and hell, I wanted to leave. Who
8 >>>> needs the grief of listening to that crap from some a**hole who LEFT the
9 >>>> project. Give me a break.
10 >>> That would be two a**holes in that discussion. If you read it you would
11 >>> know that may devs tried to correct drobbins but that he couldn't accept
12 >>> the fact that he wasn't the chief anymore and that things have changed
13 >>> since he left.
14 >>>
15 >>> I'm not sure that the best guy to run Gentoo is a guy who wants to be THE
16 >>> chief and not one of the community.
17 >> First D Robbins created Gentoo.
18 >
19 > Yeah so? He created Gentoo and then moved on. Thus leaving in the same sense
20 > or more since he didn't keep contributing, as the other dev did.
21 >
22 >> Second what part of ex-dev don't you understand.
23 >
24 > Point being?
25 >
26 >> If you are an ex-dev you shouldn't even be in the discussion period.
27 >
28 > As both of them where.
29 >
30 Evidently you are new to Gentoo. D Robbins was broke after starting
31 Gentoo and working on it day and night
32 and trying to support a family he needed money. You can't live on
33 nothing. Get it now?
34 He was the dev that created Gentoo not just another dev.
35
36 Ciaran is a smart dev, but he was only a dev. He quit of his own
37 volition due to the disagreement with other
38 devs as to the direction of Portage. Fine, but don't come back on
39 gentoo-dev and start a bunch of sh**. If you don't like the way things
40 are done start your own distro! Don't come back and crap all over
41 everyone's hard work.
42 There I made it clear for you. It is proper behavior and communication
43 between intelligent people with respect.
46 Edward A Mihalow Jr
47 Mudbug Computers and Networks
48 Gentoo! Linux
49 Registered Linux User#225662