From: Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: DST didn't happen: quickinstall doc is wrong...
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 16:39:56
1 On 2007-03-12, Albert Hopkins <marduk@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Mon, 2007-03-12 at 15:53 +0000, Grant Edwards wrote:
3 >> Yup, that was evidently the problem. Perhaps step #2 should be
4 >> documented in the Handbook and/or the Quickinstall
5 >
6 > Perhaps the constant nagging from the timezone-data package
7 > when it's emerged
8
9 When it's emerged as part of an update with 30 or 40 other
10 packages, it's pretty easy to miss things like that.
11
12 > as well as the system when it's booted
13
14 My computers are generally only booted as a result of a power
15 failure, and I'm not usually there to watch them boot.
16
17 > isn't enough?
18
19 Apparently not, if so many people had problems with it.
22 Grant Edwards grante Yow! WHOA!! I'm having
23 at a RELIGIOUS EXPERIENCE
24 visi.com right NOW!!
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list