From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: IDE for C/C++ (Was: Really OT now (Re: [gentoo-user] udev + /usr)
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 00:23:49
1 On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 3:59 PM, Chris Brennan <xaero@××××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 3:47 PM, Leonardo Guilherme
3 > <leonardo.guilherme@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >>
5 >> I do not know the state of Geanny since I last checked (couple of years
6 >> ago), but the highlight capabilites of KDevelop got my eye. It highlights
7 >> local variables in different colors in the same context, so something like
8 >> int foo(float bar, float baz) {
9 >> }
10 >> will have bar and baz in different colors. Also, support for CMake in
11 >> KDevelop got really great and useful. Plus, it supports debugging inside the
12 >> editor. Its awesome.
13 >
14 > If you want something in a gui, what about Code::Blocks? It's also
15 > multi-platform....
16
17 dev-util/codeblocks is masked. How well (or poorly) does it work on
18 Gentoo AMD64?
19
20 I did an emerge -p kdevelop...that'd pull back in the large bulk of
21 KDE. I'm going to have to pass for now. qt-creator has some use flag
22 changes, but only requires bits of KDE I already have, so I'll be
23 trying it.
24
25 I don't show an ebuild for eclipse (I see dev-java/ant-eclipse-ecj,
26 dev-java/eclipse-ecj and dev-util/eclipse-sdk). Last time I poked
27 eclipse, it was a royal pain using any *DT unless one downloaded it as
28 a packaged deal. Version dependencies were a pain. (That said, I
29 settled into it fairly quickly. But that was a long time ago)
30
31 I don't see an ebuild for Emacs CC-Mode.
34 :wq